Thursday, April 2, 2009

Using Copernic

I downloaded Copernic (making sure to install custom and tick all the uneccessary 'options') and after exploring its abilities noticed I could use its 'save page as' as a 'pagesucker' anyway. It has quite a complex interface and a lot of options. I can tell I might have to spend some time experimenting with it to be able to understand the advantages. It defenitly seems more focused for searches and the options for modifying a search are more obvious - I always forget all the little tricks to modify searches in google!

Just a note on custom vs regular installs - personally I hate it when a new program associates (hijacks) file types, installs shortcuts everywhere, starts automatically, emails me offers everyday even if it has a complex and confusing unsubscribe option. This is becoming less common as Im sure people find this an uneccessary annoyance and more of a hinderance.

No comments:

Post a Comment