Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lists and Forums

Maybe its my short attention span - I can see the advantage of lists- more personal and focused on a particular subject or common interest, but I found my list 'experience' to quite mundane? - no disrespect to the 'listers' out there! I appreciate the advantages and how people could value this form of communication.

I have been a contributor on a particular forum for a few years and I feel I have benefited immensely from contributions and discussions concerning a subject that all the forum members are interested in. It can get heated and opinions are sounded but it is also a extremely valuable source of information and knowledge that people are willing to share.

So - in retrospect it depends on the kind of information and how you would like to interact - with a group - select members - or personally - as to which form of communication suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment